Lawn Fertilization in Ohio
Your lawn needs plenty of water and sunshine, but that’s not everything it needs! Grass also needs nutrients like potassium, phosphorus, and nitrogen to thrive. Over time, soil naturally loses these nutrients as plants use them. To replenish your soil and feed your grass, trust Alpha Lawn Care. We use a high-quality blend to give your lawn what it needs, when it needs it.
When you partner with us for lawn fertilization, we will:
- Evaluate your property, looking for things like yellow grass or stunted growth.
- Determine what fertilizer blend is right for your lawn.
- Schedule five visits throughout the year, from March to December.
- Use products that are cleaner and greener than traditional options.
- Follow-up to ensure you’re seeing the results you want.
Basic 5 Application Plan
- Spring: A granular fertilizer applied with Crabgrass Pre-emergent. This is one of the most important applications to start off the season with success.
- Late Spring: A Granular Slow Release Fertilizer is applied. Liquid Weed Control is applied As needed to fight new weeds and others that have already germinated. Post Emergent Crabgrass Control is applied as needed.
- Summer: A Granular Slow Release Fertilizer is applied. Liquid Weed Control is applied as needed to fight new weeds and others that have already germinated
- Early Fall: A Granular Slow Release Fertilizer is applied. Liquid Weed Control is applied as needed to fight new weeds and others that have already germinated.
- Late Fall: A Granular Slow Release Fertilizer is applied to provide enough nutrients for the winter season
*Grub Prevention is recommended and applied if requested in the Late Spring application.*
Benefits of Fertilizing Your Lawn
A good fertilizer schedule is important for a beautiful lawn, but boosting your curb appeal isn’t the only benefit. Lawn fertilization makes your grass easier to maintain, more resistant to stressors, and overall healthier. Lasting benefits include:
- Disease resistance: Nutrient deficiencies make your grass more susceptible to disease. Healthy grass can naturally fight off problems like dollar spot.
- Better soil quality: Maintaining ground cover prevents topsoil from being washed away by the rain. Thicker grass means more protection from erosion.
- Weed reduction: Thick grass with a large root system is less likely to be overrun by weeds.
- Protection from pests: Pests target vulnerable lawns. By strengthening your grass above and below the soil, it’s harder for pests to cause damage.
- Increased growth rate: If your lawn isn’t getting the nutrients it needs, it won’t grow. Feeding it with fertilizer encourages new growth, helping you achieve a thick, even lawn.
Trust the Local Lawn Care Experts
There’s no lawn care company more experienced than Alpha! We’re a member of the Ohio Landscape Association, Ohio Lawn Care Association, and the Ohio Turfgrass Foundation—that means we’re kept up to date on all the latest industry advances and requirements. Our technicians are also fully licensed and complete ongoing training. Not to mention they’re the friendliest people! If you ever have questions or concerns during treatment, our experts will happily talk with you
Areas We Service in Ohio
As a locally-owned business, we love helping our neighbors achieve their dream lawns while forming lasting connections with the communities we serve. Check out our service area to see if we can help you!